All visitors must check in at the front lobby counter. All visitors 16 years and older must present a valid government issued photo ID with a current address. There are no age restrictions but visitors who are 17 years or younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian or with the permission of the Jail Commander or his designee.
- Visitors must submit to a search of belongings or a pat down search if there is suspicion you are trying to take contraband into the visiting area. If you refuse to be searched upon request, your visit will be denied.
- Visitors will not be allowed to carry personal items into the visiting area including but not limited to cell phones, purses, diaper bags, cameras, briefcases, tape recorders, food items including beverages, etc. The only items allowed to be brought into the visiting area shall be keys, ID, and a small wallet.
- During the visit, inmates/visitors shall not be allowed to write notes or use sign language in order to communicate. (Unless inmate or visitor is hearing impaired) Any violation of this rule shall result in the visit ending.
The following persons will not be allowed to visit prisoners in the jail:
- An inmate released from the Calaveras County Jail on bond or by any other means, whose case has not been adjudicated.
- Any prisoner who has been in the Calaveras County Jail within the last 90 days.
Lobby Front Counter
With the exception of prescription medication labeled with the inmate’s name, NO money gifts, messages, mail or other items for inmates will be accepted by the facility staff at any time. Money may be deposited into the inmate's account for use in the commissary by using the kiosk in the lobby area or by visiting the Smart Deposit website at www.smartdeposit.com