Dispatchers are a critical link between the community and patrol units in the field. Our state-of-the-art communications center is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Dispatchers work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
The skilled actions of our dedicated dispatchers are vital to the Calaveras County community and law enforcement professionals.
A dispatcher receives radio and telephone communications, processes all emergency calls within the county, and dispatches law enforcement and non-fire personnel as well as:
- Determines priorities in accordance with established procedures
- Maintains contact with all units on assignment
- Monitors status and location of units
- Receives requests for information regarding vehicle registration, driving records and warrant information
- Appears in court as a witness
- Work on special enforcement details