Working in a correctional officer job you serve as a custodian of inmates in our jail system. It is a position of authority and commitment to integrity. It is a law enforcement career that upholds the rules of incarceration yet protects the welfare of inmates. Rules at the jail are strictly enforced to protect visitors, correctional staff and inmates. Learn more and apply for correctional officer jobs today.
- Receives, books, fingerprints, and photographs inmates
- Receives and records personal property of inmates
- Assures that inmates are searched, clothed, and assigned to cells
- Confines and releases inmates from cells
- Patrols internal and external perimeters of the facility
- Enforces rules and regulations governing the conduct of inmates and visitors
- Examines mail and packages to be received by inmates